Forum > Brewood Playing Field

Why just as the Easter holidays start is the playing field in Brewood closed? I know there are plans to replace the equipment but I can't see anything happening at the moment. Any news when it will re-open?
April 8, 2012 | Unregistered CommenterBrewood resident
The Council is sorry for any inconvenience caused but the plan is to install the new play equipment in time for the extended Bank Holiday and Jubilee. This will require the contractors to be on site by the end of April and even then it will be a challenge. Before the contractors can install the equipment we needed to clear the site, prepare the ground and replace the old bark safety surfaces with new turf. This turf must be established before the end of April otherwise the installation will be delayed. To derisk the project and maximise the budget available for equipment it was decided to close the field rather than payout for security fencing. Unfortunately past experience tells us that without securing the site the turf is likely to be lifted by inquisitive youths.
It is hoped to re-open the park before the end of April but this is subject to the turf getting established and last weeks weather didn't help. From the end of April the site will close for 2-3 weeks while the equipment is installed.
New play equipment is to be installed in the under 9s area and a zip wire, nest swing and youth shelter amongst other things in this first phase. Hopefully it all be will be worth waiting for.
Sue Groom
Clerk to the Council
April 11, 2012 | Unregistered CommenterSue Groom
Are there any plans to put toilets on the park in Brewood?
May 31, 2012 | Unregistered CommenterDebra Bate
Thank you for your enquiry. I will put the matter before the Council to consider although I believe it is unlikely Members would support the idea. None of the Council's playing fields in the Parish have toilets and Brewood is one of the few villages these days to have public toilets at all. I appreciate these are some way away from the park but Council Members may not feel it is appropriate use of public money to finance and run two sets of public toilets in one village. I will bring the suggestion to the attention of the Council and come back to you in due course.
Having recently moved to the area, I have walked past the playing field and wondered if the tennis courts were open to the public to play for free? I see on tennisforfree.com that Brewood Playing Field is there.

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Kind regards,
Lee Whitehouse
May 7, 2013 | Unregistered CommenterLee Whitehouse
Thank you for your enquiry. The courts are available to the public when not in use by Brewood Tennis Club. I believe there is a list of dates when the facilities are in use on one of the windows of the changing rooms.

If you wish to use the courts you need to contact the caretaker on 01902 851369 - I recommend you phone in advance to check the availability of the courts and for picking up the key. Under 16's pay £1 for one hours play and adults £2 for the same. This a notional fee that helps towards the Club's running costs.

If I can be of any further assistance please let me know.