Forum > History of Old Heath House in Coven Heath

I was wondering if anyone can give me the history of 'Old Heath House', on the Stafford Road in Coven Heath.
My parents rented half the house in 1945,(I was quite young then but loved the house). for a couple of years. When I told my grandchildren about the house they wished to know the history of it.
I did write months ago with a returned stamped addressed envelope to the present occupiers but have not heard back from them .so can anyone please fill me in with the houses history. ?
Regards,
Heather

ADMIN EDIT: Title changed from "Mrs" to indicate content.
August 8, 2012 | Unregistered CommenterHeather Graham
is that the big detached white house next to the allotments?
August 23, 2012 | Unregistered CommenterMOIRA
Yes it is the big double fronted house on the Stafford Road, very near the 12 terraced houses ,
I would love to know the history of it.
Regards,
Heather
October 25, 2012 | Unregistered CommenterHeather Graham
My friends Nan, Owns & lives there.. If you would like any info drop me an email

are252@icloud.com
November 29, 2012 | Unregistered CommenterA
I am currently studying my family tree/history and have found this house has a connection with my family. Florence Mary Kay died July 3rd 1969 aged 95, last known address was old Heath house. Does anybody know or remember anything about this person as she is my great aunt.
February 22, 2015 | Unregistered CommenterSusan deeming
I think Florence Mary Kay was the lady who was very deaf when we lived in half the House in 1945. Her grandson Tony lived there also, and Mrs Kay could never hear the whistling kettle whistle and Tony used to shout "Gran the kettle." she then switch the kettle off. I would also love to know the history of the house, if you have learnt anything more about it please get back to me. I have been in touch by phone to the lady who now lives there, and had a good long chat about the past. but unfortunately have mislaid the phone number, Do you know it ??
Regards,
Heather Graham.
Worthing, West Sussex ,UK
February 22, 2015 | Unregistered CommenterHeather
No I,m sorry I don't know anything about the house at all. I did wonder if the Kay's owned it in the past.
What a shame that you lost the phone number.
Will be in touch if I learn anything of interest.
Regards
Susan Deeming
February 22, 2015 | Unregistered CommenterSusan deeming
A little of the history of Old Heath House is covered in my book 'Coven In Times Past' (http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/books_by_paul_robinson) - the book is also available at local libraries.

Best regards

Paul
November 2, 2015 | Unregistered CommenterPaul Robinson