Forum > Miss

My grandmother wo is 79 years old lives in Brewood and I am ashamed to say the community spirit appears to of gone from the village.
On Tuesday 7th October she passed out in the centre of the village, cutting her head open.
She stood leaning up the co-op wall for approx 30 minutes but we are unsure how long she had passed out for.
Plenty of people walked passed an elderly women in a confused state with a head injury.
I am absolutely appaled, where is the community spirit?
October 14, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterJoanne mansfield
Dear Miss Mansfield, the Council is very sorry to hear what happened to your grandmother. Unfortunately, it is difficult to give a response to your question. However, it is a very rare for this to happen as generally the community here in Brewood and indeed the rest of the Parish is very supportive and willing to help, particularly where elderly people are concerned. Perhaps you would like to contact the Council by telephone, giving details of your grandmother's name and address and her local councillor will be only too happy to visit her at home to find out if there is any support that can be given to her.
October 21, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterMaggie O'Brien